Early screenings talk of a perfect superhero film, thanks to Nolan and Snyder
Be still, my heart. The first screenings for Zack Snyder’s new Superman film, “Man of Steel,” have been held and the buzz online is enough to make you (or at least me) super excited about it. Not that I wasn’t before.Directed by Zack Snyder and produced by Christopher Nolan, “Man of Steel” is packed with action but also has plenty of substance as well, JoBlo writes.
The film is nearly complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, and holds so much promise that it’s easily the best contender for the title of best movie of the year, even though we’re still in the month of February.
Now that’s a bold assertion if I ever saw one but, before we jump to conclusions, here are the facts after the screenings:
“- Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
- It's the best movie of the year.
- There's TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
- The cape is CG'd most of the time so it can look awesome.
- They have intentionally left out most of the Super action in trailers to save it.
- It's not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
- The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place.”
So there, “Man of Steel” sounds like one of the best superhero movies to come out in recent years. It’s scheduled for theatrical release for June but the phrase “a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action” has just made me want it to be summer already.
Are you hyped about the new Superman? Let me know.