Even though myTouch 3G smartphone owners have already received the long-awaited Android 2.2 Froyo update, there was still the issue of those T-Mobile customers with myTouch 3.5mm Jack and Fender Limited Edition versions that were promised the update three months ago and are yet to receive it
Fortunately, T-Mobile has officially stated on its support forums
that all customers using myTouch 3G 3.5mm Jack and myTouch Fender LE devices will be receiving the Android 2.2 Froyo update by February 1, 2011.
The update will be sent over-the-air (OTA) in waves, beginning January 12, 2011. As the carrier stated, delivery is being managed by Google and T-Mobile representatives who are unable to manually push the software to customers who ask to receive it before the timeline.
According to T-Mobile, this update is only for myTouch
3G 3.5mm Jack and myTouch Fender LE customers, as original myTouch 3G owners already received the Android 2.2 Froyo update between October 13, 2010 and December 15, 2010.
The highlights of this update are detailed below:
1. New Fully Integrated Exchange Client:
- Exchange calendars: Exchange calendars are now supported in the Calendar application;
- Auto-discovery: With just a user name and password users can easily set up and/or sync an Exchange account (available for Exchange 2007 and higher);
- Global Address Lists look-up;
- Improved security;
- Remote wipe
2. Faves Gallery:
- Faves Gallery gives customers quick access to the 20 people who matter most;
- Scroll through your Faves Gallery, and instantly see the most recent communication from your top 20 Faves.
3. New Home Screen Features
4. Gmail app enhancements:
- Include quoted text from the body of an e-mail message;
- Navigate quickly using on-screen previous/next buttons;
- Identify e-mails using colored labels;
- See inline images in messages.
In addition, the Android 2.2 Froyo update includes improvements to the camera and camcorder, ability to add multiple languages to the keyboard, enhancements to Google Maps, YouTube application, Facebook, as well as Twitter.