Windows-only professional-grade application designed to recover files from iDevices
Wondershare Software has updated its Dr. Fone iOS device data recovery solution to support Apple’s new iOS 6 and the devices that run it. The iPhone 5 is also on the list of compatible devices, starting now.Dr. Fone now supports iOS 6 devices with a selective iTunes recovery feature that enables you to recover mistakenly deleted photos, videos, text messages, contacts and more from backup files.
Unlike Apple’s iTunes, which only restores the entire iOS configuration, Dr. Fone allows individual pieces of content to be recovered. You even get a full preview beforehand, says the company.
There’s more. It can also scan the hardware and recover content directly from the device in the case the iTunes backup file isn’t usable or available. Think of it as a forensics tool right on your computer.
The creators say the key-features list is enough to convince security-aware users that Dr. Fone is a must-have tool.
- Recover Pictures & videos in Camera Roll, Photo Stream, and as message attachments;
- Recover audio from Voice Memos, Text Messages, Call History, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Reminders, even Safari Bookmarks;
- Scan and preview recoverable information from the iTunes backup file or directly from iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch (certain models);
- Recover lost information after factory re-set, failed iOS update, even from a password protected phone if you forgot the password;
- Very effective if the information was very recently deleted.
The software works with all iPhone models released to date, as well as all iPod touch versions and iPads. Unfortunately for Mac users, the tool is only distributed for Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP.
Wondershare sells Dr. Phone for $99.95 / €77 via its online store. Interested parties can download a free trial version to scan an iOS device and preview recoverable content. The free version doesn’t restore any files, though.
Download Wondershare Dr.Fone for Windows