iPhone owners who want to jaibreak their devices now have a new tool available which also happens to run on Linux, which has been already been updated a couple of times already.
Even if the recent Apple patch hasn’t covered the exploit which lead to the jailbreak, the developers of the Evasi0n have already released a new version of their tool.Highlights of evasi0n iOS 6.x Jailbreak Tool:
• The OTA updates have been disabled;
• Correct timezone issue in evasi0n binary, if the client fails to correct it;
• Prevent the Weather app from appearing on iPads;
• Mitigated the long reboot issue;
• An issue that caused the application to stop working after connecting multiple iOS devices has been repaired.A comprehensive tutorial
detailing the complete process, on a Linux platform, has been published on Softpedia and we recommend reading it before starting the procedure.
These are the supported devices: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 GSM, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4G, iPod Touch 5G, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 3G, iPad 2 2012, iPad 3 Wi-Fi, iPad 3 Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad 4 Wi-Fi, iPad 4 Wi-Fi + 4G, iPad Mini Wi-Fi, and iPad Mini 3G.Download evasi0n 1.2
for Linux right now from Softpedia.