The latest version of Calibre can be downloaded from Softpedia
Version 0.9.36 of the eBook reader and management software Calibre was announced on May 31, marking a milestone for this amazing software.The development of Calibre is going smoothly and fewer bugs remain with each edition. Even if it's still pretty far off from a 1.0 release, Calibre can be considered stable.
This is a rather small release, with very few features and changes, but some of them are rather important.
Highlights of Calibre 0.9.36:
• Support has been added for the Table of Contents created using the Word Table of Contents tool;
• Support has been added for images used as bullets in lists;
• The 'downloaded from' link has been added at the bottom of every article, when using a touchscreen output profile (like the Tablet profile);
• The bookmark button has been changed so that it always shows a menu when clicked. This makes accessing the existing bookmarks much easier;
• After a bulk metadata download has been completed, the review button is now focused on the popup notification instead of the OK button;
• Support has been added for the Word setting 'No space between paragraphs with the same style';
• The rendering of SVG images that embed large raster images, in 64bit Calibre installs, has been fixed;
• A regression, which occurred when deleting empty shelves on Kobo devices with older firmware, has been fixed.
A complete changelog can be found in the announcement. You can also check out our review of Calibre.
Keep in mind that if you want to compile the software yourself, you will need GLIBC 2.10 or higher, and xdg-utils and python ≥ 2.6 installed (3.x will not work). More details about the required dependencies can be found on the official website.
Download Calibre 0.9.36 for Linux
Download Calibre 0.9.36 for Windows
Download Calibre 0.9.36 for Mac OS