eBook Conversion Software Calibre 0.9.33 Improves PDF Output
The latest version of Calibre can be downloaded from Softpedia
Version 0.9.33 of the eBook reader and management software Calibre was announced on May 31, marking a milestone for this amazing software.The development of Calibre is going smoothly and fewer bugs remain with each edition. Even if it's still pretty far off from a 1.0 release, Calibre can be considered stable.
This is a rather small release, with very few features and changes, but some of them are rather important.
Highlights of Calibre 0.9.33:
• An option has been added for the PDF output to generate a printable Table of Contents (that lists page numbers). This is a very useful feature to have, if you intend to print out the PDF;
• The book count has been replaced in the “choose library button” and next to the virtual “library button” with the names of the current library and virtual library. The count information is now displayed in the status bar at the bottom;
• A button has been added to view the book that's being reviewed;
• The SONY Reader Store (Australia) has been added;
• An error that occurred when using _daysago in search queries has been fixed;
• The price information in the Sony store is no longer incorrect;
• An error generated when changing libraries, with the quickview window open, has been fixed;
• A regression that broke clicking on the column headers, in the device views, has been corrected.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement. You can also check out our review of Calibre.
Keep in mind that if you want to compile the software yourself, you will need GLIBC 2.10 or higher, and xdg-utils and python ≥ 2.6 installed (3.x will not work). More details about the required dependencies can be found on the official website.
Download Calibre 0.9.33 for Linux
Download Calibre 0.9.33 for Windows
Download Calibre 0.9.33 for Mac OS
HOT RIGHT NOW