Just recently, a pair of lions living in captivity at the Berlin Zoo showed signs of being severely sick. More precisely, they turned down all offers to receive meat or water and started foaming at the mouth.
Seeing how these health conditions had to have been caused by something the lions ate, zoo keepers believe that it is quite likely one of the visitors poisoned them, although it still remains unclear whether purposely or not.
Zoo employees base their argument on the fact that Aru and Aketi were the only big cats to get sick, although all the felines here have about the same dietary habits.
Luckily, the animals are already feeling better and blood samples are expected to be collected as soon as their general health improves some more.
Regardless of what the tests will say, it is unlikely that those responsible for poisoning the felines will be found anytime soon, especially since the Berlin Zoo is visited by about 3 million people on a yearly basis.
However, zoo employees urge that people abide by the rules and no longer feed the animals with things they bring from home.