A brand new update from Yahoo allows sports fans to capture, transform and share their favorite sports moments as image loops. Other new features and enhancements are included as well.Yahoo Sports 5.0 has a flagship new feature: Loops. According to Yahoo, “Loops are a new way to easily capture, transform and share your favorite sports moments as they happen directly from the game page.”
“Think of a Loop as an animated GIF, with captions, effects and comments added to memorable moments in every game,” says the company.
The feature is available for select games on iPhone only, and Yahoo tells fans to use it on WiFi to ensure a fulfilling experience.
Other new features include iOS 7 graphics, new pages with photos and news, improved score reporting, the ability to customize league navigation, and fixed bugs, all highlighted below (from the official changelog).
• Clean, beautiful redesign for iOS7 with dozens of new features and improvements. If Brady and Gisele made a sports app, it might not be as good looking as this.
• New team and player pages with cover photos and easy access to the latest news.
• Improved football scores page with redzone and scoring play indicators.
• Personalize your league nav in the order you want with the leagues you want. You’ll never have to look at [insert sport you don’t like] again!
• Fixed a bunch of bugs and a few crashes. Sorry those were there in the first place.
Yahoo Sports 5.0 is localized in dozens of different languages, including Arabic, Norwegian, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese.
The application now requires iOS 7.0 or any newer version of the firmware, and runs natively on all screen types and screen sizes, including the new iPhone 5s, iPad Air, and iPad mini with Retina display.