Canonical has announced that Xubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) is available for download and it includes a few important changes.
Just like all the other distributions in the 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal) release, Xubuntu also comes with Linux kernel 3.5.5.
Highlights of Xubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal):
• The distribution now uses Xfce 4.10 (up from 4.8 in previous release);
• The offline documentation has been completely rewritten;
• In the application menu, all settings-related launchers are now grouped under the Settings Manager;
• The artwork has been updated, including new wallpaper, documentation looks;
• LightDM, Greybird and Ubiquity slideshow have also been updated;
• No more window traces or "black on black" in installer;
• Catfish search engine, has been updated to version 0.4.0.2
• Parole, media player, has moved to new upstream version 0.3.0.3;
• gThumb, image viewer and browser, has moved to version 3.0.1
Minimum system requirements for Xubuntu fall roughly between Ubuntu Server and Desktop: 512 MiB of system memory (RAM), 5 GB of disk space, and a video card and monitor capable of 800x600 resolution.
There are also a few known issues, including the messaging indicator which is not yet working, and duplicated partitions showing in Thunar sidebar and on the desktop.
You can check out the official announcement
if you want to get more details. If you want to get a glimpse at the new operating system, check out the gallery below. Download Xubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)
. Download Ubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)
. Download Ubuntu Server 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)
Download Ubuntu Netboot 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)
Download Ubuntu Cloud Server 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)
Download Kubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)
Download Edubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)
Download Lubuntu 12.10 Beta 2 (Quantal Quetzal)
. Download Ubuntu Studio 12.10 Beta 2 (Quantal Quetzal)