Microsoft has just detailed what improvements for the Xbox One Party Chat system are included in the next firmware update for the console, which will appear in March.The Xbox One has delighted millions of gamers from the 13 countries it was released in back in November, and Microsoft has since listened to feedback from owners in order to further improve the device.
After a small firmware update that launches this week, Microsoft will follow up with a bigger dashboard revision in March.
Among the key features addressed by the new update is the Party Chat function, but also other social aspects of the console.
Check out a list of the big improvements below, via the Xbox Wire.
- Get to your friends list faster. The friends list will be front and center on the homepage of the Friends app. Click the Social tile on Home, or say “Xbox, go to Friends” to see who’s online and what they’re up to. From there you can quickly send messages and get into a party.
- Party chat will be turned on by default. When you party up, chat audio will be turned on by default.
- Chat with friends playing different games. Party chat will be separated from people playing your game, so you can chat with your friends who are online or you can chat with everyone playing the game.
- We’re adding an “Invite friends to game” option to your multiplayer titles moving forward. Similar to Xbox 360 titles, this will appear inside a games’ menu and offer a simple and quicker way to set up your multiplayer battles. Selecting “Invite friends” will let you invite friends to your game and party.
- We’re adding “Recent Players.” This is a simple list that shows you Xbox Live members you’ve recently played with, making it easier to stay in touch with people, or add new friends after your multiplayer battles.
The Xbox One March update will appear at the beginning of the month, before the March 11 release of Titanfall.