One of the most successful revivals of an old franchise, XCOM: Enemy Unknown will soon receive a new content DLC.After introducing the Slingshot DLC several weeks ago, 2K Games and Firaxis Games have just announced that Second Wave content for XCOM: Enemy Unknown is now available for download for Windows PC, the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.
According to 2K Games, this new expansion content pack enables players to choose from a wide range of gameplay modifiers in order to enhance the XCOM: Enemy Unknown experience after completing the main campaign.
More importantly, developers do no ask any additional payment for The Second Wave content, which is now available free of charge and is issued via a downloadable title update to XCOM: Enemy Unknown.
Among the new features offered by XCOM: Enemy Unknown Second Wave DLC, some are really interesting and promise an even greater replayability. Thus, The Second Wave content includes:
- Damage Roulette: Weapons have a wider range of damage.
- New Economy: Randomized council member funding.
- Not Created Equally: Rookies will have random starting stats.
- Hidden Potential: As a soldier is promoted, stats increase randomly.
- Red Fog: Combat wounds will degrade the soldier's mission stats.
- Absolutely Critical: A flanking shot guarantees a critical hit.
- The Greater Good: Psionics can only be learned from interrogating a psionic alien.
- Marathon: The game takes considerably longer to complete.
- Results Driven: A country offers less funding as its panic level increases.
- High Stakes: Random rewards for stopping alien abductions.
- Diminishing Returns: Increased cost of satellite construction.
- More Than Human: The psionic gift is extremely rare.
Those who have purchased their XCOM: Enemy Unknown game via Steam will receive the Second Wave DLC as a downloadable update, so no downloads from a third-party is necessary.