The Battle.net authenticator is very important to lots of World of Warcraft players, as it guarantees that you can safely protect your account from hackers and add that extra bit of security.
Sadly, for one player of the massively successful RPG, the authenticator managed to create more problems than solve, as he accidentally swallowed the device after falling with his chair.
This is where a regular person might have went to the hospital, but not this guy, as he immediately went to the WoW forums and told his story, asking for advice, probably thinking that swallowing the authenticator is a common problem with some of the 12 million World of Warcraft players
"I was sitting in my chair and biting into my authenticator while thinking about several RP related story arcs that I have planned," wrote the player. "I swivvel [sic] around in my chair and presume to fall off it and shoot the authenticator into my mouth and down my throat."
"I have drank some of that stuff that makes you vomit, but I'm apparently resistant to a whole bottle of it. I am curious on what I should do."
As you can imagine, forum members immediately advised him to go to the hospital, but after that was all said and done, sarcasm started to appear.
"I would recommend chewing gum over authenticators," suggested one member. "If your feeling like something more like food[,] apples work well also."
Blizzard representatives also chimed in on the forum, and suggested he should go see a doctor about his unique condition.
After all that is said and done, the player was advised to contact Billing & Account Services to deactivate the authenticator, the same procedure that is recommended when the device malfunctions or is destroyed.
Sadly, the forum topic is now locked by Blizzard moderators, but let's hope that the unlucky player is safe and doesn't need to push on his belly to use authenticator.
A word of warning though, be careful what you put in your mouths the next time you decide to swing around in your office chair.