World of Warcraft update 5.3 is now available for download on the game's Public Test Realm, giving any and all players the chance to try out the patch, whose full changelog has also been posted online.
World of Warcraft continues to entertain millions of players from around the world, and Blizzard is keen on keeping them happy through the release of various updates.
The update has just been released on the World of Warcraft Public Test Realm, so players can experience the changes and share feedback with developer Blizzard about the new modifications.
Check out some of the general changes included in World of Warcraft patch 5.3 below, via Battle.net.
New Battleground: Deepwind Gorge
- In the new Battleground situated in the Valley of the Four Winds, the Alliance and Horde continue their war for Pandaria’s precious resources. While the two factions battle for control over mines, they must also protect their own resources from being stolen and turned against them!
New Arena: The Tiger's Peak
- Gladiator hopefuls have a new location to test their mettle amidst the Kun-Lai mountain tops, in the training grounds of the powerful Shado-Pan. Players must make use of the looming tiger statues and fenced platforms to gain an advantage that will bring victory and glory!
New Scenario: Battle on the High Seas
- Help your faction fend off enemy forces in the midst of a battle for naval supremacy on the High Seas.
New Scenario: Blood in the Snow
- An agent of Zandalar has infiltrated Dun Morogh and rallied the Frostmane trolls. At Varian’s request, Moira will lead her personal guard against them once the king’s champions have stopped the magical storm protecting Shimmer Ridge.
New Scenario: Dark Heart of Pandaria
- Goblin engineers have been excavating in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to find a mysterious artifact, but all they've found is trouble; you have been personally called upon by the Warchief to aid them in their hour of need.
New Scenario: The Secrets of Ragefire
- Infiltrate the Emberdeep Caverns and assist the Gob Squad in investigating a recent disappearance in Durotar.
- A Heroic difficulty for Scenarios have been added and are designed to provide challenging content for small groups of well-seasoned adventurers. Completing a Heroic Scenario awards Valor points, and a chance to obtain Raid Finder quality items.
- Heroic Scenarios require a pre-made group to join.
- Heroic Scenarios offer bonus objectives that will reward additional valor if completed.
- An option to run a random Heroic Scenario has been added as a drop-down in the Scenario tab in Dungeon Finder.
- Players can complete a normal or Heroic Scenario for bonus valor each day, but not both.
- Six Heroic Scenarios will be available in patch 5.3. Four are new and two are upgrades of existing normal Scenarios.
- Battle of the High Seas
- Blood in the Snow
- Dark Heart of Pandaria
- The Secrets of Ragefire
- Crypt of Forgotten Kings
- A Brewing Storm
Quest Campaign: Escalation
- The Darkspear Trolls are in open rebellion against the Warchief! Aid your faction in preparing to rout Garrosh Hellscream from Orgrimmar
- Alliance heroes will scout Orgrimmar's outskirts and engage in SI:7 espionage to weaken Garrosh’s power structure.
- Horde heroes will help Vol’jin’s insurgency survive a Kor’kron assault and advance towards the Horde capital.
- Visit Lorewalker Cho at the Seat of Knowledge in the Vale of Eternal Blossoms to begin questing.
- Put the stranglehold on Orgrimmar by undermining the Kor’kron supply chain in Northern Barrens.
- Collect resources by killing Kor’kron loyalists and their supporters.
- Get a group together to kill Kor’kron leaders for bonus resources.
- Escort your faction’s caravans across the zone for even more additional resources.
- The Darkspear Rebellion will reward your efforts to undermine the Warchief by helping you upgrade Latent Kor’kron Armor into useable gear.
- Participate in the Escalation Quest Campaign to learn how to engage in the Barrens conflict.
The Legendary Quest Continues
- Journey with Wrathion to the four corners of Pandaria to speak with the August Celestials.
- Champions will have had to complete Wrathion’s earlier tasks (including “Heart of the Thunder King”) to continue.
New Brawler’s Guild Bosses
- Test your might against two new tiers of bosses in the Brawl’gar Arena in Orgrimmar or Bizmo’s Brawl Pub in Stormwind.
- New VIP areas are now accessible for brawlers at or above rank 8.
- Bizmo has raised the floor in his arena to hide the bodies. Or... maybe to improve the sight lines. We’ll never know for sure.
- Special “Challenge Cards” can now drop from mobs or reward satchels, allowing you to summon and battle unique bosses.
- Experience needed to increase from level 85 to level 90 has been reduced by 33%.
Many other changes are mentioned in the full changelog available here, but Blizzard emphasizes that these modifications aren't final.