On January 10, Alexandre Julliard announced a new stable version of the Wine app, which brings a lot of bug fixes and various improvement.
As usual, the number of new features and bug fixes in the stable version of Wine (Wine Is Not an Emulator) is quite large.
The biggest feature in the current stable release of Wine feature is the implementation of color management support, which has been updated to liblcms version 2.
Wine 1.6.2 also brings bug fixes for the following Windows games and tools: Max Payne 2, Resident Evil 2 Soulbringer (from GOG.com), Wargame: Airland Battle, Unreal Tournament GOTY, Age of Empires II, Miranda, Battle City, Windows Installer Cleanup, Chessmaster 10th Edition, League of Legends, FEAR Combat NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit v5.5, FL Studio, and a few others.
Highlights of Wine 1.6.2:
• DirectInput joystick timestamps are now displayed correctly;
• Max Payne 2: Ingame windows are no longer rendered incorrect with nvts pipe;
• Support for lcms2 has been added;
• The GOG.com version of Soulbringer no longer crashes on startup (GetModuleHandleExW needs to support GET_MODULE_HANDLE_EX_FLAG_PIN);
• Certain games on Steam no longer crash on start in xinput1_3 (in-game overlay enabled);
• Wargame: Airland Battle no longer needs msvcr110.dll._libm_sse2_atan_precise;
• Miranda no longer crashes on start up;
• Installation of Windows Installer Cleanup utility no longer fails due to hom:WshShell3_ExpandEnvironmentStrings being a stub;
• Inline wrappers have been added for some underscore-prefixed math functions;
• FreeType configure checks have been added for the the changed headers location;
• The League of Legends installer page no longer faults in custom action during stackwalk (SymFromAddr with NULL displacement ptr);
• The NVIDIA CUDA Toolkit v5.5 installer no longer fails (SetupDiGetINFClassW whitelists only 'Chicago', ignoring WINEPREFIX WinVer setting);
• FL Studio 11.x 'DirectWave' plugin now works.