Alexandre Julliard announced on July 3rd that a new development version of the Wine app is now available for download, bringing assorted bugfixes and improvements.
Wine 1.5.8 is yet another maintenance release for fixing known issues and improving the overall stability of the app.
Highlights of Wine 1.5.8:
• Various improvements of Windows Codecs;
• Added more stream functionality for the C++ runtime;
• More WBEM properties and classes were implemented;
• Various HTML Help fixes;
• Printing fake italic fonts is now supported;
• Lots of other small bug fixes.
For more details about this release, you can always view the complete changelog
, which contains all the improvements and fixes.
Download Wine 1.5.8
right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.
Follow us on Google+