Alexandre Julliard announced on January 4 a new development version of the Wine app, which brings assorted bug fixes and improvements.As usual, the number of new features and bug fixes in the development version of Wine (Wine is Not An Emulator) is quite large, even if we don’t take the important changes into account.
This latest version doesn’t feature a lot of major changes and improvements, like the previous ones, but there are some interesting fixes.
Highlights of Wine 1.5.22:
• A new version of the Gecko engine has been implemented;
• Support for the ARM64 platforms has been implemented;
• Fixes for RTL text in Uniscribe have been implemented;
• RemoveFontResourceEx has been added. Previously, certain games would go into an infinite loop (Fifa Manager 2007, Neuro Hunter, Prince of Persia 3D);
• Shifted register dataprocessing operators have been added to Thumb2 disassembler;
• Win7 psdk no longer fails to install;
• Teamviewer no longer crashes before starting remote connection;
• Icon errors in tree windows of CSPRO 4.0 have been corrected;
• Steam overlays now work inside Galcon Fusion;
• Menu buttons no longer disappear in World of Tanks;
• CRT functions now recognize the unicode encoding modifier in mode string (CCS=xxx);
• Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express 2008 installer no longer fails due to unimplemented function msi.dll.MsiQueryFeatureStateExW;
• Torchlight no longer fails to start due to corrupted local_settings.txt.
Wine 1.5.22 also brings bug fixes for the following Windows games and tools: Call of Duty 5: World at War, StoneQuest, Galcon Fusion, World of Tanks, Sins of a Solar Empire Trinity, Temple of Elemental Evil, King's Bounty: The Legend, Civilization V, Darksiders, Batman: Arkham Asylum, The Incredible Machine, Morrowind, and more.
Download Wine 1.5.22 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.