Alexandre Julliard announced on November 23 a new development version of the Wine app, which brings assorted bug fixes and improvements.As usual, the number of new features and bug fixes in the development version of Wine (Wine is Not An Emulator) is quite large, even if we don’t take the important changes into account.
Highlights of Wine 1.5.18:
• Various Windows codecs improvements have been implemented;
• Structures have been added to describe individual system parameters to reduce code duplication;
• The system parameters management has been improved;
• Some fixes have been implemented into the built-in Web browser;
• Several fixes for the XML support have been implemented;
• .NET 4.0 runtime no longer fails to initialize MediaSystem subsystem due to rpcrt4.dll RpcMgmtIsServerListening being a stub;
• The length of the loaded registry key for system parameters is now checked;
• Download Accelerator Plus no longer hangs on start without native IE7;
• Format Factory no longer crashes in Video Options;
• Word 2010 now displays reference styles with built-in msxml6;
• Wine can now detect opengl/wgl extensions;
• Font smoothing now works in spite of the registry settings;
• Netflix on Firefox no longer hangs with loading bar at 100%;
• CCleaner 3.x installer no longer crashes at the same point;
• External environment variables no longer interfere with cmd runtest, causing it to issue false errors;
• Helper functions have been added to get and set dword registry values in SystemParametersInfo;
Wine 1.5.18 also brings bug fixes for the following Windows games: Star Wars: The Battle of Endor, Medal of Honor Airborne, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Fable: The Lost Chapters, Lord of the Rings Online, Uru, The Witcher, Simon the Sorcerer 3D, Elven Legacy, and Jammer 6.
Download Wine 1.5.18 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.