Microsoft has made available for immediate download the Windows Vista Release Candidate 1 (RC1) OEM Preinstallation Kit. Addressing system builders, the kit represents an updated version to the support resources already made available by the Redmond Company, as it has been tailored fitted for Windows Vista release candidate 1. With the Vista RC1 OEM Preinstallation Kit, Microsoft's Worldwide System Builder team enables system builders to experience the updated OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) tools designed for the preinstallation of Vista.
Updated Windows Vista RC1 OPK and WindowsPE Features
The Windows Vista RC1 OPK includes the Windows Preinstallation Environment 2.0.
- Microsoft-provided imaging tool, ImageX, used for creation and deployment of images
- Ability to boot WindowsPE into RAM from WIM Image
- Driver injection into WindowsPE Images
- "Hot" PnP Support for WindowsPE
- 32-MB RAM Drive (writable scratch space)
- New/additional optional components
- New Launch Tool Called Wpeinit
New Build Tool Called PEImg
New Image Maintenance Tool -- Package Manager
New features in the OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) include:
- Creation of the Windows System Image Manager Tool to author answer files
- Inclusion of full end-to-end suite of preinstallation tools, including image creation and maintenance
- Sysprep is now included in the operating system
- Full support for the Windows Deployment Services, the successor to Windows Remote Installation Services (RIS)
As of now, Microsoft is delivering only the English version of the Windows Vista RC1 OPK but the company has revealed that it will release additional languages concomitantly with the product's official release in 2007.
Windows Vista RC1 OEM Preinstallation Kit
HOT RIGHT NOW