We reported last week Nokia Lumia 505, the first smartphone to come with Windows Phone 7.8 operating system out of the box, is about to make its debut in Mexico via Telcel.
It looks like Nokia is willing to bet big on Windows Phone 7.8, which will be the main platform for its budget-friendly lineup of smartphones.
Even though Nokia’s new Lumia series powered by Windows Phone 8 seems extremely popular among consumers, the Finnish company needs to sell a lot more products in order to cut its losses.
Given the fact Windows Phone 8 cannot be installed on low-end devices, Microsoft and Nokia decided to bring a new range of smartphones on the market, which will be powered by Windows Phone 7.8.
Although Nokia and Microsoft have yet to announce what new features the Windows Phone 7.8 would bring, the folks over at WMPoweruser have just uncovered a set of features included in this OS.
The information has been revealed via a Nokia customer feedback survey, but it has yet to be confirmed by the Finnish company. Check out below some of the key features that both Microsoft and Nokia bring to the Windows 7.8 update:
- New homescreen experience with more room for your Live Tiles. Now resizable.
- Set the Bing image of the day as the Lock Screen wallpaper;
- Pocket and child Lock screen Security;
- 20 new accent theme colours.
- Bluetooth Share (for DRM free media files);
- Cinemagraph add-on to create blend and photo and movie-like animation, creating photos that are alive;
- New camera lenses to remove unwanted objects in your photos such as passers-by or people on the edge of the shot the spoil the photo;
- Updated Contacts Transfer application;
- Updates Contact Share application;
- Ringtone Maker application.