Webconverger 20 Distro Is Now Based on Firefox 21
The size of this Linux distribution has been reduced
Webconverger, an evolution of the hybrid client for deployment in places like offices or Internet cafes, where only web applications are used, is now at version 20.Highlights of Webconverger 20:
• Mozilla Firefox has been updated to version 21 and integrates the latest Flash security updates;
• A dist-upgrade, based on Progress Linux 2.0 (baureo), has been implemented;
• The size of the distribution has been removed from 441 Mb to 357 Mb, by removing a few files that were not needed;
• widescrollbars options have been added for touch screen deployments;
• Several tweaks have been implemented to force the viewing of PDFs;
• Customer configurations are now fetched over SSL.
For more details, you can read the official announcement. If you are using the recommended Install version of Webconverger, you should seamlessly upgrade incrementally day by day as Webconverger is updated.
Download Webconverger 20 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW