Virtualization Software QEMU Reaches Version 1.3.0
A huge number of changes were implemented in this version
QEMU, a generic and open source emulator and virtualizer that can run on a machine OSes and programs made for a different machine, is now at version 1.3.0.QEMU 1.3.0 supports virtualization when executing under the Xen hypervisor or using the KVM kernel module in Linux.
Highlights of QEMU 1.3.0:
• The sendkey monitor command has been made available via QMP;
• The application can now use the Linux VFIO driver to assign PCI devices to a virtual machine;
• The bus master configuration bit for PCI devices has been emulated. Therefore, PCI devices can't perform DMA without setting the bit before;
• Loongson Multimedia Instructions have been implemented;
• Single precision floating point instructions have been added;
• qemu-img now can output information in JSON format using "qemu-img info --output=json."
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download QEMU 1.3.0 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW