Verizon customers who own the DROID X2 by Motorola will be happy to know that Verizon has just started to deploy a new software update that brings bug fixes, along with several tweaks that improve the phone's functionality.Although the carrier published the update's changelog several days ago, reports about its availability only started to come in yesterday.
According to the folks over at AndroidCentral, the latest software update for Motorola DROID X2 is now live from Verizon.
DROID X2 owners who have yet to be notified that the update is available for download can check for it manually by going to Settings / About phone / System updates / Download.
Software update version 1.3.380.MB870.Verizon.en.US adds the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Keyboard remains visible during text input;
- Input characters are properly displayed during text entry;
- Device will no longer lockup or reset when using the keyboard;
- Charging indicator will display only when the device is plugged into a charger;
- Home key functions correctly while the device is in the desktop cradle;
- Successfully use the camera after unlocking the device;
- Video quality has been improved for video recording and playback;
- Mobile Hotspot password can now exceed 63 characters;
- Improvement to the device stability limits resets and lockups;
- The Magic Smoke live wallpaper animation now works properly;
- Enjoy improved audio when streaming music.
Applications & Widgets
- When playing MP3s through the Music App, songs will not skip;
- Avoid YouTube video lockup while viewing;
- Desktop cradle application starts correctly;
- No longer receive an error message when purchasing the Let’s Golf App.
The size of the software upgrade is 55 MB, which should take 20 minutes or less to download, depending on the network conditions.
Obviously, it is recommended to use a reliable Wi-Fi connection before updating, but anything else will do as well.
The installation of the software update should take up to 5-10 minutes, during which users will not be able to use the phone for calls of anything else. The DROID X2 should reboot itself as soon as the update process is completed.