It is now available for download via BlackBerry Desktop Manager software
Verizon Wireless and Research In Motion (RIM) have just released a new software update for BlackBerry Bold 9930 smartphone.BlackBerry OS 7.1 release 2123, also known as firmware version 126.96.36.1995, platform 188.8.131.523 is now available for download via BlackBerry Desktop Manager software.
Unfortunately, there are some problems with the standard version of the update, so BlackBerry Bold 9930 are recommended to download and install the multi-language variant of OS 184.108.40.2065 from RIM’s servers.
Although the Big Red already published the official changelog of this update, BlackBerry Bold 9930 users report that some of these improvements or new features have been available since previous updates were rolled out.
The reason behind this might be the fact that RIM improved some of these new features instead of actually introducing it in this update. Check out below the complete changelog of additions in this update:
- Push to Talk updates automatically;
- “Network Extender” icon shows on Home Screen when connected to a Verizon network Extender;
- NFC Secure Key support allows you to effectively lock and wipe the Secure Element on Near Field Communication (NFC) devices;
- Improved battery life with Battery Saving Mode;
- Wirelessly share media with Wireless Media Server;
- BlackBerry Mobile Conferencing support is now available;
- Improved performance of the Commercial Mobile Alert System (CMAS) application;
- Increased device stability while making and receiving Push to Talk calls;
- Improvements to VZ Navigator app while roaming;
- Enhancements for GPS to add more accuracy to location information;
- Improvements for VOIP applications;
- Improved battery life while using Wi-Fi;
- Improved quality of audio calls;
- Implemented a new version of the Amazon Music Store version 220.127.116.11 that has improved connectivity and reliability;
- Modify code to allow VoIP to use media recording path and avoid loss of audio;
- If your smartphone has BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), improvements have been made to ensure proper delivery of emails.
For more details on how to download and install the latest software update for BlackBerry Bold 9930 smartphone, check out Verizon’s support site here.