Fixes DVB-S, PulseAudio, MKV, embedded subtitle fonts issues
The VideoLAN project released a few hours ago a major update of its popular VideoLAN Media Player software, or simply VLC, which is now at version 2.0.5.VLC 2.0.5 is available for download right now (see the link at the end of the article) for all Linux-based operating systems, bringing various fixes and general improvements.
Highlights of VLC 2.0.5:
• DVB-S delivery system detection was fixed;
• PulseAudio’s initial synchronization when playing files was fixed (similar issues still remain for version 2.0 of PulseAudio);
• A file output issue was fixed for Big Endian systems, affecting floating point;
• Fixed issues with embedded subtitle fonts;
• Repaired buffer overflow issues with the HTML subtitles parser;
• Repaired koreus lua parser;
• Better support for RTSP streams received from various IP cameras;
• The AIFF demuxer’s division by 0 issue was fixed;
• Numerous MKV crashes were fixed, related to ordered editions that have broken or empty links;
• Fixed a crash related to malformed SWF files;
• Repaired a Freetype issue related to embedded fonts;
• Fixed inaccurate aspect ratio in video filters;
• The initialization of MPEG-2 video and audio encoders was fixed;
• Fixed the video and audio track selection function in libVLC, which now uses a constant track identifier;
• Other small improvements and fixes for the Mac OS X and Windows operating systems.
Last but not least, numerous translations were updated in this release of the VideoLAN Media Player, including Bengali (India), Asturian, Bosnian, Czech, Croatian, Danish, Estonian, Dutch, French, Scottish Gaelic, Galician, German, Italian, Hebrew, Japanese, Malayalam, Khmer, Polish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Brazilian Portuguese, Thai and Turkish.
Translations for Interlingua and Welsh languages were also added in VLC 2.0.5. A detailed list that includes all the changes between VLC 2.0.4 and 2.0.5 can be found in the official changelog.
Download VLC 2.0.5 right now from Softpedia.