Microsoft has made available for download a new flavor of its Live SDK development tools, now up to version 5.0.
The new flavor of the Live SDK will provide developers with the possibility to come up with applications that would take advantage of its Windows Live services.
The software development kit is available for download for free, and requires Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0, while being compatible with Windows 7, Windows Developer Preview, Windows Phone 7.0 and 7.1.
“The Live SDK provides a set of controls and APIs that enable applications to integrate single sign-on (SSO) using Windows Live ID and to access data in SkyDrive, Hotmail, and Windows Live Messenger,” Microsoft explains.
As stated above, the applications created using this SDK will leverage Windows Live services, keeping users connected with what matters the most for them.
The Live SDK was made available for download with the Live Connect APIs packed inside so as to enable the access to these Live services.
Developers will benefit from a set of libraries that will enable their software to work with data in a multitude of user accounts in Windows Live ID, SkyDrive, Hotmail, and Windows Live Messenger.
The Live SDK provides access to users’ identity profile info and enables apps to
- Easily personalize your users’ experience
- Take advantage of single sign-on scenarios using Windows Live ID in Windows Developer Preview
- Upload and download photos and documents in SkyDrive
- Create and update contacts, calendars, and events in Hotmail
- Send instant messages and display buddies’ presence info in Windows Live Messenger, by means of the industry-standard Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP).
Those who would like to learn some more info on what the Live SDK and the associated services are all about should head over to the Live Connect Developer Center
The new version of the Live SDK is available for download from Softpedia as well, via this link