After the release of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin), Canonical proudly announced the immediate availability of their operating system for the audio, video, and graphic enthusiast or professional, Ubuntu Studio 12.04 LTS.Just like Ubuntu 12.04, Ubuntu Studio 12.04 is also an LTS (Long Term Support) release, but supported for only three years, until April 2015.
"Due to overwhelming improvements during this development cycle, the The Ubuntu Studio Team is very proud and excited to have users experience Ubuntu Studio 12.04 LTS and provide feedback. We look forward to hearing from you." - was stated on the official release notes.
Highlights of Ubuntu Studio 12.04 LTS:
· Based on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS;
· Long Term Support release, supported for three years;
· Live DVD ISO image;
· GUI-based installation;
· lowlatency Linux kernel 3.2.14;
· Xfce 4.8 desktop environment;
· JACK <-> Pulse Audio bridging enabled by default;
· New icons, theme, wallpapers, and default font;
· LightDM is the default login manager;
· Documented work flows and new application choices for better user support;
· Restructured menu for improved work flow support;
· Better multi-monitor functionality via ARandR;
· mudita24 replaced envycontrol24, for audio interfaces with ice1712 chip.
Ubuntu Studio 12.04 LTS includes powerful apps for audio, video and graphic editing tasks, such as JACK sound server, Ardour, qtractor, OpenShot, Blender, The GIMP, Inkscape, Darktable, Ristretto, Audacious, Brasero, Totem, and LADSPA/LV2 audio plugins.
"This cycle we focused on developing work flows based on user tasks. This should give a more complete, functional, and robust application tool chain for users to create content. Please note that not all work flows listed in the wiki are directly supported in a default installation."
The Transmission, XChat, Mozilla Firefox, and gedit applications were updated in Ubuntu Studio 12.04 LTS (Precise Pangolin).
Ubuntu Studio 12.04 is distributed as a Live DVD ISO image for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures. It can be installed from an USB stick or DVD media.
Download Ubuntu Studio 12.04 LTS right now from Softpedia.
Follow us on Google+