Ubuntu GNOME 13.10 (Saucy Salamander) has been officially released and now we’re taking a closer look at this GNOME 3.8-powered distribution.The biggest change in Ubuntu GNOME 13.10 (Saucy Salamander) is the introduction of the GNOME 3.8 packages, but it also comes with a few other improvements.
Highlights of Ubuntu GNOME 13.10:
• Most of the GNOME 3.8 packages have been included;
• A new bootloader theme, plymouth theme, wallpapers, and installer slideshow have been added;
• The new GNOME Classic session has been added and it’s available by default;
• Ubuntu Online Accounts is no longer included by default;
• The latest LibreOffice package has been included in the distribution.
More details about the first GNOME-flavored Ubuntu can be found in the official announcement. Download Ubuntu GNOME 13.10 (Saucy Salamander) right now from Softpedia.