Canonical has just announced that the final version of their Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) operating system is now available for download. We have prepared a short screeenshot tour of the distribution.Canonical releases a new version of Ubuntu every six months and Ubuntu 13.04 is the latest installment in the series.
Highlights of Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail):
• The distribution now uses the 3.8.0-19.29 Ubuntu Linux kernel, which is based on the v3.8.8 upstream Linux kernel;
• Unity 7 comes with performance improvements, reduced memory consumption, and various UI fixes;
• LibreOffice 4.0, the latest stable branch of the office suite, has been implemented;
• The Software Updater received a simplified details panel;
• Canonical has implemented Python 3, but the process is not over yet.
More details about this release can be found in the announcement.
Download Ubuntu 13.04 (Raring Ringtail) right now from Softpedia.