Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich has finally arrive for US Cellular's Samsung Galaxy S II. The carrier has just announced the update has been released by Samsung and is now available for download.
Software version FK19 can only be downloaded via Samsung Simple Upgrade Tool application, which needs to be installed on a Windows-based PC.
Another option would be to head over to the nearest US Cellular
store and ask a tech rep to update the Samsung Galaxy S II for you. Aside from upgrading the software to Android 4.0.4 ICS, the update brings the following changes:
- Fix for data usage increased in POP3 email account;
- Updated Polaris Office app;
- Added new Slacker Radio app;
- Included updated version of Your Navigator Deluxe;
- Included updated version of Amazon app store;
- Included new Google Approval Notifications;
- Updated Gameloft Game Portal;
- Updated Lets Golf game.
For more details on how to download and install Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich for US Cellular Galaxy S II, check out Samsung's support site