The mobile browser recently exceeded 400 million users
One of the most popular mobile browsers, UC Browser has just hit the impressive 10 million downloads milestone here at Softpedia.Developed by Chinese-based UC Web, the application has been confirmed to have seized 50% market share in China and 25% in India.
The mobile browser was launched on multiple platforms, including Java, Android, iOS, Symbian and Windows Phone.
However, the most popular seems to the Java version of UC Browser, which is understandable given the fact that the application has been initially launched in China.
In this regard, developers recently announced UC Browser tops 400 million users over all five mobile platforms. Obviously, the highest number of users comes from China and India.
We’ve been hosting the Java version of UC Browser for quite some time and we’re happy to announce that the application has been downloaded more than 10 million times since its launch.
Currently at version 8.8.1, UC Browser for Java phone brings lots of new features that are not included in any of the previous iterations.
UC Browser fans are likely to be fully aware of the highlights offered by this application, but just to recap, here is a list of some the most important features:
- Download speed for large files has been improved, for large files the speed increased 2 times than previous;
- Create customized shortcut keys for webpages and actions;
- Settings menu interface has been optimized;
- Added the ability to share on Twitter;
- Improved File Manager with the ability to preview images and create folders.
Developers also fixed some of the bugs discovered by those who tested the beta versions:
- Can't choose input history on touch phone;
- Can't login UDisk on SonyEricsson phone;
- Downloading list of UDisk missing when restarting UC Browser;
- Only part of image can be shown on File Manager if the image is bigger than screen;
- Menu has no response when the image is not loaded completely;
- Can't save proxy server configuration.
UC Browser 8.8.1 is now available as a free download via Softpedia and it should be fully compatible with all Java phones. Check it out here.