Earlier this month Research In Motion (RIM) released a new version of Twitter for BlackBerry, which added several new features and improvements.
The previous 22.214.171.124 version
added Follow / Unfollow buttons on user lists, as well as improved support for expanded Tweets, including article summaries and photos.
However, the application was only available for download via BlackBerry Beta Zone, just like the new version which has just been released.
BlackBerry fans waiting for new features for Twitter will probably be disappointed to learn that RIM decided to limit the change list to bug fixes.
According to CrackBerry
, one of the most important changes fixes an issue with the trends list that was showing the wrong region.
Aside from this issue, several more have been addressed as well, so those eligible for this beta version of Twitter
should expect a smoother, more functional application.
The full changelog for Twitter 126.96.36.199 is available below:
- Trends list is incorrect, and not for the proper region;
- Follow button on users list do not appear in correct state;
- The follow button is cut off when using a larger font size on the search page;
- Misaligned lock image on user lists;
- Details missing on error dialogs when clicking link for show details - exception in log;
- The verified logo is cut-off on the following list screen;
- Text isn't vertically in the centre of focus on location selection drop down of trends;
- Email popup field opens when you check or uncheck the show password option;
- Truncated link causes it not to work/open to intended article
We expect RIM to launch more Twitter versions in the BlackBerry Beta Zone, in order to improve the application’s overall performance and stability.
Twitter for BlackBerry 188.8.131.52 is now available for as a free download via BlackBerry Beta Zone
and requires users to own a valid account.