In what may well be the biggest update to any Twitter client ever released, Tapbots has launched Tweetbot 2.4, a much improved version of the popular Twitter application for iPhone and iPad.
“Tweetbot is a full-featured iPad Twitter client with a lot of personality,” according to Tapbots, the makers of the application. “Whether it’s the meticulously-crafted interface, sounds & animation, or features like multiple timelines & smart gestures, there’s a lot to love about Tweetbot.”
Featuring an updated search view, Tweetbot adds nearby tweets with ability to change location, location-based keyword searches, improved search box for efficiency, Top Tweets in browse section, the ability to change trends location from the search view.
The Trends and People categories have been moved to the browse section, and you can double-tap the search tab to open a search with keyboard.
When viewing an image in full screen, you can now hold down on it for options (iPad-only). List views now shows one line of a list or profile description (also an iPad-only feature), and top tweets show up in search results.
Users can now dismiss web and map views on the iPad with a 2-finger swipe down gesture, and swipe to the right on profile views to go back one level.
Sending to pinboard now marks items as unread and muting a client automatically mutes mentions from that client as well. Other changes include:
- Keyword mute filters (with regex option and ability to mute mentions as well)
- Offline Favorite and Read Later support (for you subway passengers)
- Basic smart quote support when composing (ex: quotes become smart quotes, ... becomes an ellipsis, and -- becomes an em dash)
- Improved find location speed and accuracy
- Fixed iPad bug where you couldn't take profile photos with the camera
- Fixed missing tweet sound when publishing a tweet
- Various other bug fixes Download Tweetbot for iPhone and iPod touch Download Tweetbot for iPad