Transmission 2.61, the open source, cross-platform and famous BitTorrent client used in many of today's Linux distributions, has been released last evening, July 23rd.
Transmission 2.61 is the first maintenance release of Transmission 2.6, bringing assorted improvements and fixes.Highlights of Transmission 2.61:
· Support for GTK+ 3 (mandatory requirement for the GTK interface);
· Support for startup notifications in the GTK interface;
· Added Magnet link generator to the transmission-show command-line utility;
· Improved support for magnet links on the Qt interface;
· The Torrent File list can now display very long lists a lot faster (Qt interface);
· Fixed i18n issues found in the Qt interface, introduced in the previous release;
· Fixed a bug when the web client is opened via the Preferences dialog in the Qt interface;
· Fixed a potential cross-scripting vulnerability from malicious torrent files.
The complete changelog for Transmission 2.61 can be found here
.Download Transmission 2.61
for Linux right now from Softpedia.