The latest version of Tiny Core Linux now has OnDemand support
Robert Shingledecker announced the immediate availability for download of the Tiny Core 4.7 Linux operating system.Tiny Core is a distribution that is highly modular and made use of with community build extensions. Its ultimate goal is to create an operating system that is both easy to use and very small.
It may not satisfy the requirement of an individual who wants an OS package, but it's able to boot on most computers and provide wired Internet access, with the help of a very minimal X desktop.
According to the developers, the user has complete control over which applications and/or additional hardware to have supported, be it for a desktop, a netbook, an appliance, or server, selectable by the user by installing additional applications from online repositories.
A Tiny Core Linux distribution goes through a lot of development stages, but the final one usually incorporated a lot of changes and new features.
Highlights of Tiny Core Linux 4.7:
• The ondemand systems has been updated in order to support scm extensions and icons from both tcz and scm;
• wbar has been updated in order to support scm ondemand icons;
• scmapps GUI was updated for new ondemand maintenance and download options;
• scm-load, - new option, and -wo packages have been updated;
• New support functions have been added to the distribution;
• scm has been updated in order to interface to updated scmaps GUI;
• A new scm-run tool to support scriptable load and launch scm style extensions, has been added;
• New GUI access to 'filetool.lst', 'xfiletool.lst', and backup options, has been implemented;
• filetool.sh has been updated to interface to updated filetool GUI;
• loadcpufreq has been updated to allow blacklisting;
Check the official announcement for a complete list of changes.
On side note, having both scm and tcz in ondemand means changes to tcz ondemand. Tiny Core Linux 4.7 requires new wbar.tcz and Xprogs.tcz (apps, scmapps, filetool), but they are now available in the repository.
Download Tiny Core Linux 4.7 right now from Softpedia.