There's a New Desktop Environment in Town – Enlightenment E17 Alpha 6
The developers of Enlightenment E17 are making great development strides
Enlightenment E17, a lean, fast, modular and very extensible window manager for X11 that provides all the necessary packages to run a desktop, is now at version Alpha 6.The developers of Enlightenment E17 are not messing around and are churning out version after version. They are somewhat behind all the other competitors, so they need to get up to speed as quickly as possible.
They even went as far as saying in the official announcement that “It should be noted that this is the first alpha worthy of receiving the praise 'improved LESS CRASHING and IMPROVEMENTS TO NOT CRASHING'.”
Highlights of Enlightenment E17 Alpha 6:
• AMD K10 temperature sensor support on OpenBSD has been implemented;
• Video file previews will now stutter less and respect the tooltip boundaries more;
• Battery module has become more stable in the OpenBSD distribution;
• Icon resizing is a lot smoother and less noticeable;
• Gadget menus can no longer cause crashes when the gadget is deleted by the user;
• Fileselector once again allows selection from directory previews;
• Filemanager DND can no longer interfere with the gadget DND, causing crashes;
• The support for XDG_DESKTOP_DIR has been improved;
• Filemanager no longer restores non-default desktop paths when desktop navigation mode was disabled by the user;
• Right clicking on any part of a desktop gadget is now sufficient to disable move or to resize;
• Filemanager maximum thumbnail size config slider is now a lot more granular;
• Module config dialog now updates when module states are externally toggled;
• Connman wizard page now shows regardless of connman support, and it also disables connman module if the support is removed.
A comprehensive list of changes and improvements can be found in the official announcement.
Download Enlightenment E17 Alpha 6 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.
HOT RIGHT NOW