The developers behind the Tails project proudly announced on November 13 the immediate available for download of the Tails 0.14 Linux operating system.
Tails 0.14 is powered by Linux kernel 3.2.32, which offers support for multi-core CPUs and more than 4GB of system RAM.
"Tails, The Amnesic Incognito Live System, version 0.14, is out. All users must upgrade as soon as possible."
"Thank you, and congrats, to everyone who helped make this happen!" was stated in the official release announcement.
Highlights of Tails 0.14:
• Linux kernel 3.2.32-1;
• Support for more than 4GB of RAM;
• Support for multi-core CPUs;
• Tor was updated to version 0.2.3.24 RC;
• Stream isolation has been enabled;
• Iceweasel was updated to version 10.0.10esr-1+tails1;
• Added TorBrowser's anonymity enhancing patches to Iceweasel;
• Repaired Iceweasel's file associations;
• Fixed memory junking when shutting down the system;
• Added support for public-key cryptography to gpgApplet;
• NetworkManager connections' received a persistence preset;
• Improved persistence support on large USB flash drivers;
• Faster boot process by fixing a read-ahead issue;
• Faster shutdown by removing unnecessary scripts;
• Updated WhisperBack to version 1.6.2;
• Added support for the Japanese language;
• Updated liveusb-creator to version 3.11.6-3;
• Updated i2p to version 0.9.2;
• Updated tails-persistence-setup to version 0.20-1;
• Updated tails-greeter to version 0.7.3;
• Added a PAE-enabled kernel that supports NX-bit;
• torproject.org's APT software repository key was updated;
• The PC speaker module was blacklisted;
• Yelp no longer crashes on internal links;
• The amnesia user can now use Tor's TransPort;
• The Python DBus binding supports threads locking;
• curl is now used instead of wget;
• Updated vidalia to version 0.2.20-1+tails1;
• Fixes Iceweasel translations for Brazilian Portuguese;
• Lots of other small fixes.
Download Tails 0.14 right now from Softpedia.