On March 5, François Dupoux announced a new release of his popular SystemRescueCd Linux-based operating system for rescue and recovery tasks.
SystemRescueCd 3.4.2 comes with important changes and improvements, but the most prominent one is the switch to a new version of the LTS Linux kernel.
Highlights of SystemRescueCd 3.4.2:
• Standard kernels is Long-Term-Supported linux-3.4.35 (rescuecd + rescue64);
• The alternative kernels have been updated to the latest stable 3.7.10 (altker32 + altker64);
• fsarchiver has been updated to version 0.6.17 (bugfix release and minor feature enhancement);
• The support for booting via NBD has been fixed. It was in conflict with Network-Manager;
• bootinfoscript has been added.
For more details about the new features and changes, take a look at the official changelog here
Download SystemRescueCd 3.4.2
right now from Softpedia.