François François Dupoux announced on July 17th a new release of his popular SystemRescueCd Linux-based operating system for rescue and recovery tasks.
SystemRescueCd 2.8.1 comes with important changes and improvements, such as:
· Updated standard Linux kernel packages to Long-Term-Supported 3.2.23 (with rescuecd and rescue64);
· Updated the alternative Linux kernel packages to version 3.4.5 (with altker32 and altker64);
· XOrg Server was updated to version 1.12.3;
· Grub2 bootloader was updated to version 2.00 (Grub 0.97 R12 is also available);
· Super Grub2 Disk was updated to version 2.00 Beta 1, which is based on Grub 2.00;
· lvm2 was updated to version 2.02.93;
· e2fsprogs was updated to version 1.42.4;
· Ranish floppy disk image has been removed.
For more details take a look at the official changelog here
Download SystemRescueCd 2.8.1
right now from Softpedia.