Superb Mini Server, a Linux operating system based on Slackware 13.37 and manageable through the Webmin web-based interface, is now at version 2.0.3.
Albeit Superb Mini Server 2.0.3 is just a minor release, there are a few updates that warrant an immediate update, such as the new Linux kernel 3.4.33.
Besides this important difference, server packages have been updated to the latest stable versions and a lot of packages were added.
Highlights of Superb Mini Server 2.0.3:
• heimdal, a kerberos 5 implementation and avahi, a zeroconf implementation, have been added;
• libdaemon has been moved from /extra/avahi to main distribution;
• ConsoleKit, polkil and libatasmart now fully support udisks if anyone wants to use it;
• New packages in extra iso are MariaDB, a drop-in replacement to MySQL, and a built of cups with pam support;
• The distribution features by default the long-awaited samba-4, and along with it, heimdal and avahi;
• By default, Samba is acting as samba3 with share security (map to guest = bad password). To switch to Active Directory domain setup, stop Samba, remove /etc/samba/smb.conf, and run "samba-tool domain provision";
• Samba-3.6.12 is available in extra, if anyone wants to switch to samba-3;
• Avahi and heimdal are by default disabled, so if you have an old cupsd.conf, you have to either enable avahi daemon or alter your cupsd.conf for the CUPS scheduler to run;
• A built with heimdal, avahi and pam support is available in /extra/PAM;
• Smsconfig featurea a new function to create self-signed certificates as easy as you type "smsconfig cert create";
• httpd was updated to version 2.4.4;
• PHP was updated to version 5.4.12;
• Dovecot was updated to version 2.1.15;
• Openssl was updated to version 1.0.1e.
A complete list with all the changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Superb Mini Server 2.0.3 right now from Softpedia.