Hacktolive.org announced today, December 29th, yet another version of their Ubuntu-based Linux distribution... with "super powers." Super OS 9.10 (formerly known as Super Ubuntu) includes patches, tools and technologies that are missing from a standard Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala) default installation. Among the applications present in the brand-new Super OS 9.10 we can notice powerful web browsers such as Google Chrome and Opera; a version of the Mozilla Firefox web browser with the Moonlight and Flash plugins; the VLC player with support for DVD playback and most of today's video and audio formats; a Live USB creator; support for portable applications thanks to the powerful and amazing RUNZ and App Runner utilities, developed by Hacktolive.org.
Differences from Ubuntu 9.10:
· Included over 169 updates for Ubuntu 9.10;
· Added VLC media player, with support for DVD playback, MP3, QuickTime, RealVideo, Windows Media Video, Flash Video, DivX, XviD, and many more;
· Added Adobe Flash Player and Novell Moonlight support in Mozilla Firefox;
· Added aMSN instant messenger (MSN protocol);
· Added Opera and Google Chrome web browsers;
· Added Skype VoIP and chat client;
· Support for portable applications (powered by RUNZ);
· Added App Runner to run programs easier;
· Added File mounter to easily mount tar.gz, zip, rar or iso archives;
· Added support for NTFS filesystems;
· Added Sun Java plugin;
· Added Ubuntu Tweak utility to easily customize your Ubuntu desktop;
· Added GParted application to easily partition your hard drives;
· Disabled system beep;
· Added software repository;
· Added cd2usb, a Live USB creator;
· Included some KDE and QT libraries for easier deployment of programs and portable applications.
Super OS 9.10 is a Linux distribution based on Ubuntu 9.10 (Karmic Koala), it is available only as Live DVD of 1.1 GB in size and can be downloaded right now from Softpedia.
Super OS 9.10 - Karmic Koala with Muscles
The Super Ubuntu
... so hot right now