Hacktolive.org announced today, May 30th, the stable and final version of Super OS 11.04, their Ubuntu 11.04 based Linux distribution with "super powers."
Super OS 11.04 includes extra apps, patches, utilities and other useful packages that are missing from a standard Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal) default installation.
Among the applications included in the new Super OS 11.04 distribution we can mention powerful web browsers such as Google Chrome and Opera, aMSN instant messenger, the VLC Media Player with support for DVD playback, a Live USB creator, and much more.
Support for portable applications, thanks to the powerful and amazing RUNZ and App Runner utilities developed by Hacktolive.org, is also included in the new Super OS 11.04.
Highlights of Super OS 11.04:
· Based on Ubuntu 11.04;
· Linux kernel 2.6.38-8;
· GNOME 2.23.1;
· Unity 3D interface;
· LibreOffice 3.3 office suite;
· Ayatana overlay scrollbars;
· Google Chrome 11;
· Opera 11;
· Adobe Flash Player 10.3;
· Oracle Java Runtime Environment 6 plugin;
· Offline support to install Nvidia, ATI and Broadcom drivers;
· Support for installing Windows Wi-Fi drivers;
· Support for portable application (RUNZ);
· Included App Runner to easily run scripts and programs;
· Added File mounter to easily mount ISO, RAR, ZIP, TAR.GZ files;
· Ubuntu Tweak;
· Wine 1.2.2;
· Gufw 11.04.2;
· Live USB creator;
· wvdial (PPP dialer);
· Wubi installer;
· Added Super OS software repository;
· Much more usable for offline users;
· Updated all packages from the Super OS repository.
Super OS 11.04 is a Linux distribution based on Ubuntu 11.04 (Natty Narwhal), and it's available only as a Live DVD for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures.
Super OS 11.04 also comes with extended codec support for proprietary formats such as MP3, QuickTime, WMV, DivX, Xvid and many others.
Download the Super OS 11.04 operating system right now from Softpedia.