Super Mario 64 DS is a game made only for the Nintendo DS portable console, by Nintendo's own Entertainment Analysis and Development division and published by the company itself for the DS, on November 21, 2004, in North America, December 2, that same year, in Japan, on February 24, 2005, in Australia, and on March 11, 2005, in Europe, as a new and improved version of its cult classic Super Mario 64, which appeared first on the Nintendo 64 home console.
The original title went on to gain critical and sales success, so this remastered version doesn't try to change its core gameplay, with the developer concentrating on improving the graphics, in order to take advantage of the more powerful DS hardware, and added new characters, like Yoshi or Wario, who can explore new areas.
Mario's basic techniques
Note: This is with standard mode.
- Super Hop: Long jump when needed to get to the other side of a gap. Run or jog, then hold R and jump.
- Wall Jumping: Jump on a wall at a certain angle. Mario will slide down the wall. Press B to jump very high off of the wall.
- Breakdance Sweep Kick: Remain still, then hold R and press A. Mario will sweep his feet around, then get back in crouching position.
- Running Slide Kick: Start running, then hold R and press A while still moving to do a sliding kick towards an enemy.
- Ducking: Press R to duck, crouch, or get down.
-At the main menu, when Mario's face is looking around, tap his face the first time he turns and faces all the way to the right. It will draw Luigi's face instead of Mario's.
-When you first start the game touch Mario's face three times. When the drawing of Mario appears, it will be Luigi with a "!" over his head.
Yoshi lays a square egg
Play as Yoshi and swallow one of the small light brown boxes. Wait for it to turn into an egg and it will come out square.
Sleeping Mario, Luigi, Wario or Yoshi
Remain idle and eventually your character will lay down and go to sleep. You might also hear snoring.