StressLinux is a Live CD Linux distribution dedicated to users who want to test their systems under high load and monitor the health of their PCs or servers.
What software does StressLinux include?
· stress - (A tool to impose certain types of stress on a POSIX system.)
· CPUBurn - (CPU maximum load (heat) stability test)
· CPU Burn-In - (CPU burn-in test)
· nbench - (CPU test suite)
· iometer - (I/O performance meter)
· hddtemp - (A program to display the temperature of your hard drive.)
· lm_sensors - (LM78 and other hardware monitor drivers.)
· busybox - (Single small executable which contains common UNIX utilities)
· lshw - (Hardware lister)
· bonnie++ - (Hard drive benchmark)
· netio - (Network benchmark)
· smartmontools - (S.M.A.R.T. drivetests)
· x86info - (CPU information)
· memtest86 - (A stand-alone memory diagnostic)
· memtest86+ - (An other stand-alone memory diagnostic)
The 4th Release Candidate of Stresslinux 0.3.1 has been released yesterday and comes with kernel 220.127.116.11 and updated versions of lm_sensors, lshw, busybox, stress, hddtemp. Sensors configurations files for some newer Tyan mainboards (S2676, S2865, S2891, S2892, S5112, S5151, S5360) were added to sl-wizard. Carsten Schöne says that this is the last RC before the final release.
Here are some screenshots of StressLinux we have made:Softpedia.