Stellarium 0.12.0, a free open-source planetarium app that shows a realistic sky in 3D, just like what can be seen with the naked eye, binoculars or a telescope, has been officially released.
Highlights of Stellarium 0.12.0:
• A new rendering engine has been implemented. Users can now see shadows on planets surfaces;
• A new key-binding engine has been added and all key bindings can now be edited;
• Improvements to scripting engine have been implemented;
• The DSO has received various improvements;
• The search tool has been improved;
• The accuracy for archaeo-astronomical events has been improved;
• A large number of bug fixes have been implemented and the GUI has been reworked.
A complete changelog of Stellarium 0.12.0 can be found in the official announcement
. The developers have also recommended that the users reset all Stellarium settings.
Download Stellarium 0.12.0
right now from Softpedia.