Starhawk, the rather impressive third-person shooter from Lightbox and Sony, will be released as a digital download on the PlayStation Network next week not just as a full game but also in two different flavors, a multiplayer-only version that's cheaper and a single-player only edition that’s free to PlayStation Plus subscribers.
Starhawk came out this spring and, while it didn’t become as popular as Sony intended, developer Lightbox Interactive has supported the game with plenty of DLC and updates for its top notch multiplayer mode.
Now, in order to attract even more people, Sony has confirmed that Starhawk will be available as a digital download next week, on September 25, in North America, and September 26, in Europe.
But the game won’t be available just as a full-fledged digital download (for $39.99/€34.99) but also in two other versions: a multiplayer-only one for $19.99/€19.99 and a single-player-only edition that’s free to PlayStation Plus subscribers.
Besides this rather impressive launch, Lightbox has revealed more details about the upcoming patch 1.04 for Starhawk
, which, as we heard earlier this week, brings three new gameplay modes.
Check out some of the most important features included in Starhawk update 1.04 below.
- 3 New Gameplay Modes: Assault, Deathmatch Arena, Gatekeeper.
- 5 New “Small” Maps: Cypress Glade, Space Relay, Scourge Junction, Space Flotilla, Scourge Breaker.
- Updated pre-placed pick-ups on all maps (just like we did in Cypress) as well as updated Rift Barrel placement.
- 3 New Build & Battle Load-outs: Trooper, Lightweight and Speeder.
- New Tool-Tips are displayed on various options and buttons in the Uplink. including a display of all the units in each Load-Out and recommended player counts when you create a new game.
- MAW Rocket Launcher now can lock-on to the Sidewinder Jet Bike.
- Added four New national clan banners for our players in the Middle East: Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Israel and the UAE.
- Quit Penalty for players that quit during a game — you get a loss posted and SkillScore hit.
- New “Up Next” display at the intermission screen of what map, mode and load-out is coming up in the next round.
- More score-limit and time-limit options when creating a game.
- All three new game modes are added to QuickMatch for matchmaking.
- Co-Op Prospector is now supported in Quick-Match for matchmaking into public Co-Op games.
- New Co-Op Prospector options for creating Private or Public games, difficulty, and game name.
- Public Co-Op Prospector games now are supported in the server-list.
- Bug fix that ensures that only Clan Leaders/Officers can edit the clan tag field.
- Added a PlayStation Store button to the Uplink for accessing Starhawk DLC.
- Increased starting Rift-Energy in Homeworlds.
- Slightly increased the Galloway Pistol’s head-shot damage.
- Removed the “Bruiser” Skill.
- Added a “Grinder” Skill that allows you to start with a Grinder in your weapon inventory.
- Grinder wind-up time has been reduced.
- Max range for the Grinder has been increased.
- In the server-list, the easy “Cake” and medium “Fist” game icons have been removed. You will still see the hard “Skull” game icons.
- Refined difficulty tuning on all Co-Op Prospector Missions (slightly easier).
- Increased XP payouts for all Co-Op Prospector Missions.
- XP payouts for capturing Tier-2 and Tier-3 bases in the Zones gameplay mode.
- Integrated Starhawk-specific network scan to help players resolve port issues.
- Added in-game scoreboard HUD for Dogfight & Arena Deathmatch gameplay modes.
Update 1.04 will also hit on September 25/26 for Starhawk in the two different regions.