SoundKonverter, a frontend to various audio converters that can be used in various tasks including CD ripping, is now at version 2.0.0 Beta 1.SoundKonverter 2.0.0 Beta 1 supports a large number of formats, such as flac, mp3, m4a, wma, ac3, and many others. If the user tries to convert a file that is not supported, the application will inform them which backend needs installation.
Highlights of SoundKonverter 2.0.0 Beta 1:
• A Parallel Replay Gain calculation in the Replay Gain tool has been added;
• Tracks were moved to new Album via context menu in the Replay Gain tool;
• Convert sample rate and sample size, downmix and apply effects (normalize, bass and treble) using sox;
• The option to switch between COMMENT and DESCRIPTION as preferred comment field for ogg vorbis and flac files has been added;
• A compression level option for the lame plugin has been added.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of updates, changes, and new features.
Download SoundKonverter 2.0.0 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia.