Sony is expected to launch its long-awaited PlayStation Mobile service today. No less that 20 games and 1 application will be available for download on a wide range of compatible devices.For the time being, the service will only be available in Japan, US, Canada, UK, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and Australia, but Sony plans to launch it in additional countries in the near future.
The Japanese company confirmed the following games will be available for download once the service goes live in the countries mentioned earlier:
- Aqua Kitty – Milk Mine Defender (Tikipod Limited) – $3.49
- Beats Slider (Futurlab Ltd.) – $0.79
- Beats Trelis (Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.) – $0.79
- Flick Hockey (Spinning Head Software Ltd.) – $2.99
- Frederic – Ressurection of Music (Forever Entertainment S.A.) – $3.99
- Fuel Tiracas (Futurlab Ltd.) – $0.49
- Hungry Giraffe (Laughing Jackal Ltd.) – $2.99
- Incurvio (Sync Inc.) – $7.49
- Loot The Land (Playerthree Ltd.) – $3.99
- Magic Arrows (Hamster Corporation) – $4.99
- Numblast (Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.) – $2.99
- Nyoqix (Zener Works) – $5.49
- Rebel (PomPom Software Ltd.)- $1.99
- Samurai Beatdown (Beatnik Games) – $0.99
- Super Crate Box (Vlambeer) – $3.49
- Tractor Trails (Origin8 Technologies Ltd.) – $3.29
- Twist Pilot (Crash Lab) – $3.49
- Underlined (Albino Pixel Ltd.) – $2.79
- Wipe! (Sync Inc.) – $1.49
- Word Blocked (Quirkat) – $1.99.
In addition, Sony will also provide access to a free app, which will be available as an in-app purchase. The application is called Everybody’s Arcade and is developed by Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
Keep in mind that the purchase of the se games is directly linked with a PSN ID, so users will be able to download it on one compatible device (mobile, console) and play it on all.
The PlayStation Mobile service is only compatible with PS-certified devices powered by Android operating system. HTC One S, One V and One X are among the supported phones, along with Sony Xperia devices, as well as Sharp and Fujitsu.