Vito Technology has rolled out a massive update for fans of its Cosmos app “Solar Walk - 3D Solar System model”, featuring a new movie about the Cassini mission, a new dwarf planet, better orbit calculations, improved animations, and more.
Optimized for the new iPad’s Retina display, Solar Walk - 3D Solar System model version 1.9.4 features a new movie about the Cassini mission, the dwarf planet Charon, and optimized precision of orbits’ calculation for the moons of several planets (Mars, Saturn, Jupiter, Uranus, and Neptune).
The sun animations have been improved, and there are new images of planets and moons as well. The update also brings a new Hyperion model, and the ability to turn sound on and off. A bunch of bug fixes are listed as well: - Fixed planet internal structure
- Minor interface tweaks connected with fonts and inscriptions
- Settings have been localized
- Fixed bugs connected with the satellites trajectories
- Fixed the bug with the Nereid trajectory
- The blur effect of the Earth has been improved
- The revolution of Neptune and Pluto satellites has been fixed
- Fixed the name of Olympus Mons crater on Mars
- Added a star “R leporis” to the search
The software makes a great teaching tool. Solar Walk has been featured in Apple’s promotional materials for the iPad, and it has been praised by teachers worldwide for its intuitive interface and interactive features.
Kevan M., a teacher who reviewed the app and gave it a five star rating, said “I showed my class this and they were all amazed! The planets looked so detailed and the Sun's glowing and fiery animation really captivated everyone's attention (including me!) I'd recommend anyone teaching or learning about the solar system this app.”
Solar Walk - 3D Solar System model is compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad and requires iOS 4.3 or later. Download Solar Walk - 3D Solar System model