Snowlinux 3 E17 Has Been Officially Released
The distro now features three different user interfaces!
Lars Torben Kremer has announced last night, September 19th, the immediate availability for download of the Snowlinux 3 E17 edition Linux operating system.Based on Debian 7 (Wheezy), the final release of the Enlightenment edition of Snowlinux 3 is here, bringing Linux kernel 3.5 for improved hardware detection (wireless, graphics cards, etc.) and up-to-date applications, including Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird 14.
But the best part of Snowlinux 3 E17 is that it now comes with three different shells (user interfaces): SnowOSX, Snowlinux GNOME 2 and Snowlinux Classic.
“Today is a very important day for Snowlinux. It is getting a new project with the latest E17 build desktop environment.”
“Snowlinux 3 E17 is based upon Debian "Wheezy" 7.0 and is powered by the Linux 3.5 kernel. We're using DuckDuckGo as default search engine. It has installed Firefox 14.0.1, Thunderbird 14, Abiword, Shotwell, Audacious and Gnome-MPlayer by default,” Lars Torben Kremer said in the official release announcement.
Highlights of Snowlinux 3 E17 Edition:
· Based on Debian GNU/Linux 7.0 (Wheezy);
· Linux kernel 3.5;
· Enlightenment E17 desktop environment;
· 3 desktop interfaces (SnowOSX, Snowlinux GNOME 2 and Snowlinux Classic);
· Mozilla Firefox 14.0.1;
· Mozilla Thunderbird 14;
· Snowlinux Plymouth;
· Neptune E17 desktop theme;
· Neptune Faenza icon theme;
· LightDM login manager;
· Black background for the terminal;
· Non-free Linux firmware;
· Snowlinux LightDM theme;
· Live Installer;
· DuckDuckGo search engine;
· Better response and speed;
· Many system improvements and updated packages;
· Apps like RAR, 7Zip, GNOME MPlayer, Audacious, Shotwell, Abiword, etc.
Snowlinux 3 E17 is distributed as a 32-bit only Live CD ISO image, supported with security updates and patches until February 2016, and 100% compatible with the Debian’s software repositories.
Snowlinux 3 E17 - Image courtesy of Lars Torben Kremer
Recommended hardware requirements for Snowlinux 3 E17:
· An x86 processor;
· At least 128 MB memory;
· At least 2 GB free disk space;
· A graphics card capable of 800x600 resolution;
· A CD-ROM drive or USB port.
Download Snowlinux 3 E17 right now from Softpedia.
HOT RIGHT NOW