Lars Torben Kremer proudly announced yesterday, October 10th, the immediate availability for download of the stable release of the Snowlinux 3.1 operating system.Dubbed Crystal, Snowlinux 3.1 is based on the Debian 6 (Squeeze) operating system and it's powered by Linux kernel 3.2.0 and the GNOME 2 and Xfce 4.8 desktop environments.
However, Snowlinux 3.1 also features an E17 edition, based on Debian 7 (Wheezy) and powered by Linux kernel 3.5.0.
"The team is proud to announce the release of Snowlinux 3.1 GNOME 2 & XFCE 4.8 & E17 released. Snowlinux 3.1 is a bug fix release for GNOME, XFCE and E17. It solves many bugs and it also brings many features to the users."
"CTRL_ALT_Backspace restarts the x-server if it has hung up. Click on tap was activated and lots of bugs were solved," the official announcement read.
Highlights of Snowlinux 3.1:
· Baseon on Debian 6;
· Linux kernel 3.2.0/3.5.0;
· GNOME 2;
· Xfce 4.8;
· E17 (with the SnowOSX, SnowGnome 2 and SnowClassic profiles);
· Implemented CTRL + ALT + Backspace;
· Implemented Click on tap;
· Snowlinux-Metal-Theme (GTK 3 support);
· Snowlinux Full HD backgrounds;
· Mozilla Firefox 14.1;
· Mozilla Thunderbird 14;
· LibreOffice 3.5.4;
· Updated software;
· Improved response and speed;
· System improvements.
Snowlinux 3.1 GNOME Edition
Snowlinux 3.1 Xfce Edition
Recommended hardware requirements for Snowlinux 3.1:
Snowlinux 3.1 E17 Edition
· An x86 processor;
· At least 128 MB memory;
· At least 2 GB free disk space;
· A graphics card capable of 800x600 resolution;
· A CD-ROM drive or USB port.
Snowlinux 3.1 is distributed as Live CDs for both 32-bit and 64-bit architectures, and supported until 2014 for the GNOME and Xfce Editions, and until 2017 for the E17 Edition.
Download Snowlinux 3.1 right now from Softpedia.